I hope you’ve all had a lovely xmas spent stuffing your chops and making snow men! I’ve been trying to hobble to uni and not fracture any bones which is not an easy task as someone stole Portsmouth councils stash of grit apparently. Brilliant!
A few years ago I worked as an xmas temp for Body shop (before they got all evil). Opposite my shop was this mega cinnamon chain cake shop. Every day I had to smell these damn things and watch people eating them in my shop with my mouth drooling. My friend Lisa sent me this recipe and I actually welled up with joy! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
What you need:
What you do:
1. Pre heat the oven to 180˚C.
2. First you need to make the dough. Bung the white sugar, flour and salt into a big bowl.
3. Add the margarine and rub it between your fingers until you get a crumbly mixture.
4. Add the soya milk and stir with a wooden spoon. (It will be pretty sticky but if its crazy sticky add a little more flour)
5. Sprinkle some flour over the work surface and put the dough onto it. Push or roll out the dough into a rectangle shape about 2 cm thick.
6. Now you need to make the filling. Cream together all the filling ingredients and spread it over the dough.
7. Carefully roll the dough into a big fat Swiss roll, sausage shape.
8. Cut the roll into slices (as if you were slicing bread). Carefully lay the slices on a greased oven tray.
9. Pop them in the oven for 20-25 mins.
10. Leave to cool then pour a little icing over the top (icing sugar and water).
11. SCOFF UNTIL IT HURTS!